Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bedni to Wan/Van


Trekking down is always fun for me, cos I am very good at it :D .. We woke up pretty relaxed today. Did not really hurry to reach out and get a glimpse of snow. Today’s plan was to get down to Wan and drive further ahead to Devaal so the following days travel would be lighter. Bedni was glowing under the bright sunlight and white snow and mountains had shades I had never seen before. After few early morning shots and chores, I had my breakfast and decided to take lead over my guides. I was quite comfortable, because now I knew the route. Well it’s so obvious that you will have to try real hard to get lost on this route.. 

Was really looking forward to the peace and oneness with the nature and was not disappointed either. Honestly I was leaving Bedni with a sad heart, because I couldn’t get the glimpse of the golden orange glowing Trishul at the sunset. But anyways, was happy to see what I did. 
















Soon I crossed Patal Nachuni and an amazing sight of Trishul amidst the trees awaited me. Few pictures taken and a little ahead the Himalayan Pheasants were rumbling on a pine tree. They were what I think the female Monal’s. 





Brisk walk, brought me to Neel Ganga and was joined by Surendar and Bhagat on the way. Quite fast those boys were, but they dint expect me to make so much ground either. Had I walked non-stop they would have caught up with me not before Rani Ki Dhar. A short stop at Neel Ganga and we began our final, disappointing climb to Rani Ki Dhar. By 1 pm we were at Wan village. Hardly took us 2 – 2.5 hours to reach Wan from Bedni. 












There I was greeted by Mohan Singh, thanks giving and payment settlement, followed by Maggie lunch and we were off to Lohjung in almost retired JEEP. From there I managed to find another jeep heading towards Devaal. Where I stayed in a local decent guesthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment